The following is copied from COPS-4333:
dcos cli returns incorrect metrics data from 1.12.0 cluster during running
There is not an issue in previous DCOS version (such as 1.11.7).
So, it looks like we have a regression here.
Steps to reproduce the issue:
1) Deploy a 1.12.0 cluster with CCM (or your preferred method).
2) Deploy a simple marathon app. For example, in my case I tried this app:
3) Setup/attach to the DC/OS Cluster https://docs.mesosphere.com/1.12/cli/command-reference/dcos-cluster/dcos-cluster-setup/
4) run "dcos task metrics summary <task-id>"
(Task-id can be found via "dcos task")
In DC/OS 1.11.x clusters I get the expected observed result:
In any DC/OS 1.12.0 cluster however, there are null/0 values returned no matter which task is checked.
Deeper investigation to the situation shows that
then I run "dcos task metrics summary..." command with higher verbosity, I see,
that cli performs two requests to Agent's API like:
I tried to send GET-request manually with curl to both of these URLs to both versions-clusters and I see that
for 1.11-version cluster both urls return some relevant data;
for 1.12-version the url, which ends with "/app", API returns 0 bytes and HTTP Code 204 (that means "no content").
And one more notice.
I see that url
returns much more detailed strings from 1.11-version cluster, than in 1.12.